Tuesday, July 29, 2014
(Undated) -- A Texas congressman is getting credit for saving a young child, who was choking on chicken nuggets while on a plane. Media reports say Democratic Congressman Pete Gallego from Alpine was flying back to Texas late last week, when the three-year-old boy sitting next to him began choking. Gallego says he put his hand on the child's back and the other on his sternum, and the chicken nuggets came flying out, on the American Airlines flight from Dallas-Fort Worth to San Antonio. The boy's grateful mother Tweeted that she was "So thankful for his quick reaction!"