Salem News Channel

RSS Feed

Trump orders release of UFO files

President Donald Trump says he will direct federal agencies to release government files related to aliens and unidentified flying objects, citing strong public interest. Trump called the issue “extremely interesting and important” and said he would order the Pentagon and other agencies to provide the information, ensuring transparency while protecting national security. The president also criticized former President Barack Obama, claiming he improperly disclosed information about aliens, while emphasizing that he himself has seen no evidence of extraterrestrial contact.

Read More...

Kent State Fights To Keep DEI Policy Despite State Law

With Adam Guillette, President of Accuracy in Media | Aim.org

Read More...

DOJ Intervenes Against Racist LA School Board

With Guest, Corey Deangelis: Newly-named Research Fellow at The Heritage Foundation. Harmeet Dhillon just announced the Department of Justice's motion to intervene in a lawsuit "challenging Los Angeles Unified School District’s ILLEGAL RACE-BASED classifications of students and their communities."

Read More...

The Ladies Of The View And The Epstein Files

The Ladies Of The View And The Epstein Files

Read More...

Trump banner unveiled at Justice Department HQ

A large banner featuring President Donald Trump has been unfurled outside the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington. The blue display, reading “Make America Safe Again,” is the latest in a series of efforts by Trump to leave his mark on federal institutions. Similar banners have appeared at other agencies, including the Department of Labor and the Department of Agriculture

Read More...

Epstein estate agrees to $35M settlement with accusers

Jeffrey Epstein’s estate has agreed to pay up to $35 million to resolve a class-action lawsuit brought by accusers, according to a court filing Thursday. The lawsuit alleged that two of Epstein’s longtime advisers helped enable his sex trafficking of young women and teenage girls. Neither adviser admitted wrongdoing as part of the settlement, which still requires approval from a federal judge.

Read More...

Families Identify Six Mothers Killed In Sierra Nevada Avalanche

The six women killed in a deadly avalanche in California’s Sierra Nevada were part of a close-knit group of eight experienced backcountry skiers on a trip together, family members said Thursday. In a statement, the families described the women as dear friends — all mothers — who shared a love of the mountains. Tuesday’s avalanche killed eight people in total, while six others survived. Authorities say recovery efforts were slowed by dangerous conditions, and crews are still searching for a ninth person who remains missing and is presumed dead.

Read More...

Grey's Anatomy Star Eric Dane Dies At 53 After ALS Battle

Actor Eric Dane has died at the age of 53 after a battle with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Best known for his role as Dr. Mark Sloan on Grey’s Anatomy, Dane later starred in HBO’s Euphoria and the series The Last Ship. He publicly shared his ALS diagnosis in April 2025 and used his platform to raise awareness and support research for the disease. Dane is survived by his wife, Rebecca Gayheart, and their two daughters.

Read More...

Trump says Iran nuclear deal compliance is mandatory

President Donald Trump addressed reporters from Air Force One on Thursday, issuing a warning to Iran regarding its nuclear program. Trump emphasized that the United States views compliance with a nuclear agreement as mandatory, signaling a firm stance on Tehran’s obligations.

Read More...

Virginia Governor Abigail Spanberger To Deliver Democratic Response To Trump’s State of the Union

Virginia Governor Abigail Spanberger will deliver the Democratic response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address next week. Spanberger, who took office earlier this year as Virginia’s first female governor, won her race by a double-digit margin after previously serving three terms in Congress. Her campaign focused on affordability and lowering costs for families. Viewers can watch both President Trump’s address and Spanberger’s response Tuesday night on Salem News Channel.

Read More...

Police Search Former Prince Andrew's Former Home After Arrest

Police in London are continuing their search of Prince Andrew’s former residence, a day after he was questioned for nearly 11 hours on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Investigators are focusing on Royal Lodge, the 30-room estate near Windsor Castle, as part of a probe tied to his past association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Authorities say Andrew has since returned to his current residence, and the search of that property has concluded. The investigation remains ongoing.

Read More...

Historic POOP Spill in the Potomac. Is DEI to Blame?

In this episode of the Carl Jackson Show, Carl dives into the latest developments in the climate debate with Mark Morano of Climate Depot. They discuss President Trump's major win, which could have a significant impact on consumers. Mark shares his expertise on the Endangerment Finding, a key aspect of the climate agenda, and how it's been dismantled. They also touch on the importance of energy independence, the effects of climate regulations on the economy, and the hypocrisy of politicians who prioritize virtue signaling over real environmental issues. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carljacksonradio X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/carljacksonshow Parler: https://parler.com/carljacksonshow Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecarljacksonshow http://www.TheCarlJacksonShow.com

Read More...

Whoopi Goldberg truly believes Trump is racist because of a lie

Whoopi Goldberg Truly Believes Trump is Racist because of a Lie

Read More...

Former South Korean President Receives Life Sentence For Imposing Martial Law In 2024

Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol has been sentenced to life in prison for his brief imposition of martial law to suppress the opposition. The Seoul Central District Court on Thursday found Yoon guilty of mobilizing military and police forces in an illegal attempt to seize the liberal-led National Assembly, arrest politicians and establish unchecked power for a considerable time. Yoon is likely to appeal the verdict. Yoon fell from office after an ill-advised attempt to overcome an opposition-controlled legislature by declaring martial law and sending troops to surround the legislature on Dec. 3, 2024. A special prosecutor had requested the death penalty, saying Yoon deserved harsh punishment for the threat his actions posed to the country’s democracy.

Read More...

Mexico and El Salvador seize cocaine at sea as US continues lethal strikes

The navies of El Salvador and Mexico announced drug seizures in the Pacific Ocean this week of more than 10 tonnes of cocaine, in contrast to deadly strikes by the U.S. government that just this week left 11 people dead on three boats suspected of carrying drugs in Latin American waters. The latest announcement came Thursday, when Mexico said it had seized nearly four tonnes of suspected drugs and detained three people from a semisubmersible craft, 250 nautical miles (463 kilometers) south of the port of Manzanillo. Mexican Security Secretary Omar García Harfuch said via X that the seizure from the sleek, low-riding boat with three visible motors brought the weekly total to nearly 10 tonnes, but he did not provide detail on the other seizures. Mexican authorities said the seizure was made with intelligence shared U.S. Northern Command and the U.S. Joint Interagency Task Force South. On Sunday, El Salvador’s navy announced the largest drug seizure in the country’s history of 6.6 tonnes of cocaine. The navy had intercepted a 180-foot boat registered to Tanzania, 380 miles (611 kilometers) southwest of the coast. Navy divers found 330 packages of cocaine hidden in the boat’s ballast tanks. Ten men were arrested from Colombia, Nicaragua, Panama and Ecuador. On Thursday, Salvadoran authorities gave access to the seized ship FMS Eagle, which had just arrived in the port of La Union. More than 200 wrapped bundles were lined up on the deck. The Trump administration has pressured Mexico to make more drug seizures over the past year. The trafficking of drugs like fentanyl was the president’s justification for tariffs on Mexican imports. Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum has responded with a more aggressive stance toward drug cartels than her predecessor, that has included sending dozens of drug trafficking prisoners to the United States for prosecution. Sheinbaum has also expressed her disagreement with strikes by the U.S. military in the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean against boats suspected of carrying drugs. At least 145 people have been killed in those strikes since the U.S. government began targeting those it calls “narcoterrorists” last September. The U.S. strikes this week included two vessels carrying four people each in the eastern Pacific Ocean and another boat in the Caribbean carrying three people. The administration provided images of the boats being destroyed, but not evidence they were carrying drugs.

Read More...

Man Convicted In Deaths Of 4 In NYC, Insanity Defense Rejected

A man who fatally beat four sleeping men on the streets of New York City’s Chinatown was convicted of first-degree murder Thursday, with a jury rejecting his insanity defense in the 2019 rampage. Randy Santos’ attorneys had conceded that he pummeled the defenseless victims — Chuen Kok, Anthony Manson, Florencio Moran and Nazario Vásquez Villegas — with a metal bar and meant to kill them. But Santos’ lawyers contended that he was too mentally ill to be held criminally responsible. They said he was driven by schizophrenic delusions that made him believe he had to kill 40 people or would die himself. Prosecutors countered that Santos took steps, such as sometimes looking out for potential witnesses, and subsequently made remarks that showed that he knew that the attacks were both illegal and immoral. The Dominican-born Santos, 31, showed no reaction as he heard the verdict, through headphones, via a Spanish-language interpreter. The killings spurred scrutiny of the city's struggles to aid and protect a homeless population that had reached record size. With the convictions, Santos could be sentenced to life in prison. A sentencing hearing was set for April 16, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg Jr. said in a statement. “A jury determined that Randy Santos knowingly and purposefully murdered four men with a metal bar in the span of less than 30 minutes. They were strangers to him, and simply happened to be sleeping on Chinatown sidewalks that horrific night," Bragg said. Santos was homeless, as were some of the victims. The slain men ranged in age from 39 to 83. Defense attorney Arnold Levine contended in a closing argument Wednesday that Santos might have recognized he could land in legal trouble but couldn't appreciate that what he was doing was morally wrong. “The only explanation was Randy’s psychosis. ... It’s the only thing that explains what happened,” Levine told jurors, adding that “psychosis replaced Randy’s moral judgment.” Prosecutors said Santos realized the attacks were both illegal and immoral. Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Alfred Peterson emphasized Wednesday that Santos sometimes looked out for potential witnesses and that he told a psychiatrist in 2024: “I know it’s not a good action.” “Despite his illness, he was able to make a determination that what he was doing was wrong,” Peterson said in his summation.

Read More...

Trump banner displayed on DOJ headquarters

A large banner featuring Donald Trump’s face has been hung on the exterior of Justice Department headquarters in a physical display of the Republican president’s efforts to exert power over the law enforcement agency. While Trump banners have been hung outside other agencies across Washington, the decision to place one on the storied Justice Department building Thursday amounts to a striking symbol of the erosion of the department’s tradition of independence from White House control. The banner, hung between two columns on one corner of the building, says, “Make America Safe Again,” a slogan used by the administration to tout its efforts to clamp down on illegal immigration and violent crime.

Read More...

Former Prince Andrew Arrested, Released Over Epstein Ties

The former Prince Andrew was arrested and held for hours by British police on suspicion of misconduct in public office related to his links to Jeffrey Epstein. The arrest Thursday was an extraordinary move in a country where authorities once sought to shield the royal family from embarrassment. It was the first time in nearly four centuries that a senior British royal was placed under arrest, and it underscored how deference to the monarchy has eroded in recent years. King Charles III took the unusual step of issuing a statement on the arrest of his brother, saying the law must take its course. The former prince was released about 11 hours later.

Read More...

Trump warns Iran of 'bad things' if no deal made, appears to set deadline

President Donald Trump warned Iran on Thursday that it must make a deal over its nuclear program or "really bad things" will happen, and appeared to set a deadline of no more than 10 to 15 days before the U.S. might take action. Amid a massive U.S. military buildup in the Middle East that has fueled fears of a wider war, Trump said negotiations with Iran to end the tense standoff were going well but insisted Tehran has to reach a "meaningful" agreement. "Otherwise bad things happen," Trump, who has repeatedly threatened to attack Iran, told the first meeting of his Board of Peace in Washington. Trump spoke of the U.S. airstrikes carried out in June, saying Iran's nuclear potential had been "decimated," adding "we may have to take it a step further or we may not." "You’ll be finding out over the next probably 10 days," he said. Asked later to elaborate, he told reporters aboard Air Force One: "I would think that would be enough time, 10, 15 days, pretty much maximum.” But he declined to be specific, except to warn again of "really bad things" and insist that Iran would have to make a deal one way or another. Trump's threats to bomb Iran, with the two sides far apart in talks on Tehran's nuclear program, have pushed up oil prices, and a Russian corvette warship on Thursday joined planned Iranian naval drills in the Gulf of Oman, a vital sea route for global energy. Iranian and U.S. negotiators met on Tuesday and Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said they had agreed on "guiding principles." White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said on Wednesday, however, that the two sides remained apart on some issues. Trump said "good talks are being had," and a senior U.S. official said Iran would make a written proposal on how to address U.S. concerns. Trump called on Tehran to join the U.S. on the "path to peace." "They can't have a nuclear weapon, it's very simple," he said. "You can't have peace in the Middle East if they have a nuclear weapon." Iran has resisted making major concessions on its nuclear program, though insisting it is for peaceful purposes. The U.S. and Israel in the past have accused Tehran of trying to develop a nuclear bomb. Trump's latest saber-rattling came as he talked himself up as a man of peace in a long, meandering speech while hosting world leaders at the launch of his Board of Peace. He proposed the body in September when he announced his plan to end Israel's war against Hamas in Gaza. He later expanded the board's remit to tackle conflicts worldwide, prompting many key Western allies to stay away. Earlier on Thursday, Russia warned against an "unprecedented escalation of tension" around Iran on Thursday and urged restraint amid the U.S. military buildup in the region, which a senior American official said should be complete by mid-March. Trump has sent aircraft carriers, warships and jets to the region, raising the prospect of another attack on the Islamic Republic. The United States and Israel bombed Iran's nuclear facilities and some military sites last June. U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio will meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss Iran on February 28, the senior U.S. official said. Washington wants Iran to entirely give up uranium enrichment, a process used to create fuel for atomic power plants but that can also provide material for a warhead. The U.S. and ally Israel also want Iran to give up long-range ballistic missiles, stop supporting groups around the Middle East and stop using force to quell internal protests. Iran says it refuses to discuss issues beyond the atomic file, calling efforts to limit its missile arsenal a red line. Satellite pictures have tracked both Iranian work to repair and fortify sites since last summer, showing work at both nuclear and missile sites, as well as preparations at U.S. bases across the Middle East over the past month. Iran's joint exercise with Russia came days into an extended series of Iranian naval drills in the Gulf of Oman, with Iranian state television showing special forces units deployed on helicopters and ships. In a sign of growing concern over the increased tensions, Poland on Thursday became the latest European country to urge its citizens to leave Iran, with Prime Minister Donald Tusk saying Poles may only have hours to evacuate. Trump began threatening strikes on Iran again in January as Iranian authorities crushed widespread protests with deadly violence that left thousands dead across the country.

Read More...

New Mexico reopens investigation into alleged illegal activity at Epstein's former Zorro Ranch

New Mexico’s attorney general has reopened an investigation into allegations of illegal activity at Jeffrey Epstein’s former Zorro Ranch. Attorney General Raúl Torrez’s office made the announcement Thursday, saying the decision was made after reviewing information recently released by the U.S. Department of Justice. Although New Mexico’s initial case was closed in 2019 at the request of federal prosecutors in New York, state prosecutors say now that “revelations outlined in the previously sealed FBI files warrant further examination.” The New Mexico Department of Justice said special agents and prosecutors at the agency will be seeking immediate access to the complete, unredacted federal case file and intend to work with other law enforcement partners as well as a new truth commission established by state lawmakers to look into activities at the ranch. “As with any potential criminal matter, we will follow the facts wherever they lead, carefully evaluate jurisdictional considerations, and take appropriate investigative action, including the collection and preservation of any relevant evidence that remains available,” the New Mexico Department of Justice said in a statement.

Read More...

1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Salem News Channel Today

Sponsored Links

On Air & Up Next

  • The Larry Elder Show
    5:00PM - 7:00PM
     
    Larry Elder personifies the phrase “We’ve Got a Country to Save” The “Sage from   >>
     
  • SEKULOW
    7:00PM - 8:00PM
     
    Jay Sekulow is widely regarded as one of the foremost free speech and religious   >>
     
  • The Hugh Hewitt Show
    8:00PM - 10:00PM
     
    Hugh Hewitt is one of the nation’s leading bloggers and a genuine media   >>
     
  • Todd Starnes Show
    10:00PM - 12:00AM
     
    The Todd Starnes Show showcases Todd’s unique down-home humor with interviews   >>
     
  • The Voice of Reason
    12:00AM - 1:00AM
     
    The Voice of Reason is a nationally syndicated conservative talk show that   >>
     

See the Full Program Guide